Guide to the Law for Victims of Crime in San Francisco

If you or someone you know is a victim of a crime, or someone has threatened to harm you or otherwise commit a crime against you, you have various rights in California and San Francisco. But keep in mind that you may need to be proactive in exercising your rights as a victim.

Start here to report a crime in California, or go to the local SFPD police station. You may also need to contact and follow up with the San Francisco District Attorney, or if it’s a federal crime, the local United States Attorney or “U.S. Attorney.”

See much more at our Guide to Victims’ Rights in California.

Note: Call 911 if you are in immediate danger or if a life-threatening crime has just occurred

Exercise Your Rights

Related Pages

Police Conduct


See all Legal Guides

Share the Legal Info With Your Friends: