Freelancer/ Independent Contractor
Guide to Laws for Freelancers in the San Francisco Bay area
One local issue for freelancers is the San Francisco business license.
- See our Freelancer Resources
- To protect your rights as a freelancer, you should get a good contract drafted by a lawyer to spell out exactly what the terms are when a client hires you.
- It may also be a good idea to form an LLC or corporation to protect your assets and possibly save on taxes.
- Check out Rocket Lawyer1NOTE: Law Soup Media may receive compensation from Rocket Lawyer if you use any of their services., which provides affordable and simple legal services for business & much more. They are currently offering a 7 day FREE TRIAL!
- You may also want to find a good local small business lawyer.
See all Legal Guides